Thursday, April 30, 2015

Strap-Less? No Longer! How My Knomo Got Fixed

I know this blog has quickly turned into a bit of a Mulberry love-fest but I do have other bags, honestly.

One of my favourite brands for laptop bags has to be Knomo and I think I must have at least 7 of their pieces: 3 laptop bags, 2 sleeves, 2 small suitcases.  I love their well thought out detailing when it comes to keeping your laptop safe, yet keeping the bags lightweight and nice looking. 

I had been using one of them as my daily work bag when one day, on a business trip to London, I got caught in the tube-doors (I know...) and the already fragile strap broke. Needless to say I was not only pained, having to carry the bag with one handle all day, but also gutted to having broken my most used bag. I ended up shoving the bag into a corner of my wardrobe and forgetting about it until recently when I had a big tidy. I contacted Knomo but unfortunately got no reply to my request whether this could be fixed. And then I remembered somebody mention www.lincsrepair.co.uk, a guy who fixed all kinds of handbags and leather goods. So I popped him an email with the same pictures I had sent to Knomo:


Alan got back to me within a few hours with a quote and the suggestion to replace both straps to ensure both straps look the same. I sent the bag off and he then kept me up to date with what he was doing...


 ...and then a few days after that... tadaaaa...



So I can only recommend Alan at Lincs Repair. Have a look at his website for some case studies on what he can do, or rather what he has done to some LVs, Givenchy and Gucci bags.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...