Sunday, May 31, 2015

Ledbury Re-Born

I know I will sound like a broken record but: 
I like wearing bags cross body. 
I hate having to carry then in my hand. 
I don't get the wearing them in the crook of my arm type thing. 
I can just about manage with carrying them on my shoulder.

Therefore certain models of bags have been off my list, even though I might love the look of them. The Mulberry Ledbury is one of them. Styled like a classic Bayswater but baby-/mini-sized, it would be the perfect alernative to my Alexa. It would also be a nice change in that it's a more structured and therefore smart-looking bag. 



Mulberry recently released the Small Bayswater Satchel (SBS), which is pretty much a Ledbury with a long strap and I do love it (especially the oxblood version) but I 
a) had my heart set on something in printed oak and 
b) thought the price tag of almost £800 was a bit ott, considering you can get a nice preloved Ledbury for around £300.

Imagine my delight, when a lovely and very knowledgeable lady introduced me to something that would allow me to convert a Ledbury into a SBS! So without much further ado - i.e. I'm gonna stop typing now - the transformation!



If you'd like to have a go yourself, you can find these clamps on Cox the Saddler's website.

Just a couple of detail shots, which hopefully show quite clearly how these clamps were attached.







Give it a go and let me know how it goes?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...