Monday, March 05, 2012

Mary Katrantzou - missed her at Topshop?


So I had completely missed the launch of the Mary Katrantzou Collection into Topshop and by the time I realized it had happened, all that was left online was a pair of printed trousers, a floral tee and a scarf.  As nice as those are, I just felt that they are completely lacking Katrantzou's genius way of clashing prints.

Imagine my delight when Moda Operandi dropped me an email this afternoon, inviting me to the Mary Katrantzou AW12 trunk show.  

I love fashion. I like pretty clothes. I am happy when I find flattering clothes. I adored Katrantzou's collection when I saw it on the catwalk (well, when I saw Vogue's pictures of it). But this time the collection actually made me smile.  There is something about the colours, the unashamed joy of playing with clashing prints, a bit mad, yet totally pretty. Genius.

Most of these are completely unattainable for me but a dress at just under £1200 suddenly doesn't seem so mad but like a good investment, right?



Gleam Coat $3960


Spooner Top $4320

Fitted Cake-A-Flake Dress $1185


 Expandit Dress $23755

Tik Tok Knit $1440


Better start saving up or skulking through those Topshop stores...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...