Tuesday, March 13, 2012

New Label Lust - Andrew Gn

Every girl needs a "I'm a princess" dress.

When I was little that might have been that pink tutu that my mum sewed by hand and attached to a leotard. I am not talking a bit of dowdy voile, I am talking layers upon layers of stiff tulle with more layers of organza on top. How I cried when somebody kept pulling on it until it ripped. Sad day that was.

I am convinced the allure of the big/gorgeous/unabashedly fabulous look-at-me dress is why some of us get married. 

So if you're not getting married, you could opt for couture (funds permitting) or head to Moda Operandi's Andrew Gn trunk show. According to nymag the "Paris-based designer develops his embroideries in-house and creates his own buttons and embellishments". Just look at these two absolute amazing beauties:


 Silk Jacquard Evening Dress  £5,856

Lace Evening Dress  £5,556


And if you don't have around £6,000 lying around... Mum, do you still have that sewing machine?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...