Monday, March 19, 2012

You Jump, I Jump?

Jumpsuits. They have been everywhere. I think it was a couple of seasons ago when we all (well, the ones of us who remembered at least the back-end of the 80's) did a bit of a double-take. Whereas some of the more fashion-forward girls might have been sporting jumpsuits for a while, all-in-ones suddenly went all mainstream.

Nonetheless, it can be a bit weird to put one on (and actually leave the house in it!) for the first time. They are just... different, a bit outside most people's (and mine) comfort zone. 

As much as I love fashion, I am also a very practical dresser and an outfit, apart from appealing to my aesthetics, needs to
a) keep me warm,
b) be comfortable and
c) reasonably easy to get in and out of.

I'd say that jumpsuits at the very least violate one of the points above and that, paired with the "out of the comfort zone being" is probably the main reason why I have had a Next jumpsuit in my wardrobe for over a year and never worn it. (The fact that it's a Next jumpsuit is more than a hint as to how much mainstream these things nowadays are!)

Following my new resolution to un-Pareto my wardrobe, I decided to take the plunge and wear it. It was freezing this morning, so there ballerinas were not an option. I just had to hope that my boots did not make me look too "in the army now". A cardigan at this point were also a must.





Jumpsuit, Next, SS11 (?)
Cardigan, H&M, SS12
Boots, Dune
Necklace, Topshop

Well, I am not 100% convinced but at least the item has earned another few months in my overstuffed closet. I think I am just going to have to re-style, so watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...