Saturday, March 17, 2012

Wardrobe Staple Blazer Goes Spring

A plain blazer has got to be one of the main staples in my wardrobe - I'd say it probably is in most girl's wardrobe. It has the ability to smarten up an outfit in an instant, even jeans look super smart with a sharp blazer worn over it. Similarly it can take the edge of a dress that's a bit too sweet: smarter than a bike jacket but more edgy than a cardigan it will toughen up that pretty dress by lending a bit of androgynous style.

I have got a few blazers that have been with me for years: tux style from Zara, double-breasted mauve from Topshop, boyfriend in charcoal, beige with black piping (very public school) from Mango to name a few.

For this season I was looking for a pastel or candycolour blazer, especially since my mauve one has seen better days. The designers have paraded them around the catwalk and the highstreet has followed suit (ahem):

Spring Blazers - plain


H M tailored jacket
£25 - hm.com

Maison Martin Margiela blazer
£985 - net-a-porter.com

Topshop cropped jacket
£55 - topshop.com

Boyfriend jacket
£40 - topshop.com

Tux jacket
£65 - topshop.com

Acne chambray jacket
£370 - mytheresa.com

Stella McCartney twill jacket
£995 - net-a-porter.com

Vivienne Westwood Anglomania jacket
£400 - net-a-porter.com



My favourite one is definitely the Topshop blazer in coral (sorry, Topshop: watermelon). I think it's just the right length and cut to be very versatile and in a colour that will go with lots of other items in my wardrobe. Spring is here!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...